Wednesday 19 August 2009

Hi All

Lots to comment on there. Re. the very nature of 'blogging', shouldn't be too demanding, should it? Not too wordy or referential. I think one of the issues all users of a blog have to be clear on is etiquette. Some of these posts are more like mini essays, as Siobhan said, and I think as I read that that I might prefer a less formal approach. If I were blogging about my travels, that would come quite easily, however blogging about issues you are learning about demands a lot of time and pre-reading. So it doesn't come that naturally. Long posts are also quite difficult to respond to fully, whereas a shorter blog with one or two integral points might be more manageable.
Re. technology in the classroom, I agree with Klaus about recording Ss speaking, I have advised Ss to do this many times and doubt that they have but it's a useful thing. I don't use p/point much in the classroom, as to be brief, I'm not a fan. Admittedly, I can see its uses and how it can help Ss structure their presentations and be prepared, but I'd rather have someone 'present.' It can all seem a little removed.

No comments: