Tuesday 11 August 2009



Hello all,

Sorry to have been so long in posting and thanks to everyone for their understanding. Hope everything is going well with you -I seem to have passed my viva but then I got ill over the weekend-I think it was the relief!

Hello to Sarah-who I haven't met yet.

I'm Siobhan and I have taught ELT in Fiji at a Secondary School, in Angola on a Ministry of Education/British Council project, in Tanzania and Hungary at teacher training colleges, in Italy at the British Council School in Naples and in Portugal at the University of Lisbon. I 've been away from ELT for a while -first working as a Welfare Rights Worker-here in the UK and then doing a PhD in history at Leicester while working at various jobs.

I live in Leicester (in Highfields -if anyone knows Leicester). I live on my own now as my husband Paul sadly died three years ago.

I'm going to be teaching on the pre-sessionals at Leicester in in late August and September.

It was good to meet you all in Nottingham at the beginning of the month.

Siobhan

1 comment:

Claire said...

Congratulations on the viva!