Wednesday 21 October 2009

Stress ... keep going




Dear all,
I imagine you're all suffering with putting your thoughts in writing, cursing the module and wishing you weren't distance students. I just wanted to encourage you to keep going, avoid any existential crisis until the module has finished, and try to do your best when you've got a lot of competition for your attention and thoughts.
I'm off to France on holiday next Thursday (my summer break!) for a while. I've been working non-stop since the beginning of April ... on my PhD, teaching, developing e-materials, working on an open educational resources project, writing papers, taking on staff development, sitting on committees, reviewing papers and so on. The type of work I do now I find interesting and very stimulating. The reason why I mention this is not to boast in any way ... the reason why I can do these activities is partly because I did an MEd (distance!) and that has created a lot of opportunities for me. I am not suggesting that you may want to do the type of things I do, but doing the PGCTEAP and hopefully not stopping there will give you more options professionally and more autonomy in your work. So, even if you're cursing the module (me even!) keep going and I'm sure you'll see the fruits of your work ...

Once the module is over I think we should (minus Phil I'm afraid) meet up, have a meal and celebrate the fact that you're half way there!

Alex

2 comments:

Claire said...

Nice idea about the meal. I may even add wine to mine.

Alex said...

I had assumed that you would :-)