Thursday 30 July 2009

Hello!

Hi All

I'd like to introduce myself to Sandra and Sarah - welcome! And write a little about me. I've been teaching English for 4 yrs now. Post-Celta I was in at the deep end teaching EAP for a large international language school in Waterloo. I remember the Dos assuring me 'not to worry' as 'it's only in-depth reading and writing' (!) Hmm. I I taught study skills, seminar and critical thinking classes on the UFY course and lots of content based courses including Int. Business, Meetings and Neg., Travel and Tourism, etc and devised and taught an Art History syllabus which incorporated a lot of film and working with visuals. I've also taught intensive IELTS classes, ESP for business Execs., and TOEFL. Most of my teaching has been in London, however I have also taught in New Zealand and Nottingham, where I've been since October.
When I first started I taught Seminar Skills and Listening and Note-taking (AE2) and on the GE team. Since January I've been teaching Skills and Language Focus on the GE Team.
Prior to all this I worked in travel, charity (Friends of the Earth/National Trust (in a workhouse - believe it or not!) and the arts, and in various other episodes!

3 comments:

Alex said...

Hi Sam,
thanks for putting something up. Shame no photo though!
Alex

Anne Kavanagh said...

Hi Sam,

Interesting varied background! I'll get round to writing properly tomorrow, but an initial thought is 'how do we include a photo?' (Alex...?)

Alex said...

Hi Anne,
very easily :-)
When you compose a message there's a little icon (image), click it, select a suitable photo, upload and off you go...
Alex