Thursday 30 July 2009

Dear all,


I think some of you know a little bit about me through working together, but I will give you all a bit of background information, so get your popcorn ready…

Since graduating from university, I spent a lot of time travelling around the world, doing various strange jobs to keep me away for the UK. However; when I found myself working in a commission only telesales job, working 12 hours a day, and living off of rice and tomato ketchup - I realised it was time to come home. I then attempted to settle, and worked in recruitment for Barclays Bank and Boots the Opticians.

6 months prior to my 30th birthday, on a dull day at work, I started reflecting on my 29 years and 6 months of life, and before I knew it, I was typing ‘teaching abroad’ into Google. The next thing I knew, I was on a plane en route to Bangkok. The rest, as they say, is history. I spent 2 years in Bangkok, working for International House, along with some Business English. I returned home September of last year, and couldn’t actually believe my luck when I got offered the job at CELE, and I still feel the same way now! I teach on the General English programme, and I have had quite a big involvement in the creation of parts of the course, in particular the GE1 skills focus course. I also find myself writing GE1 exam papers every 4 weeks. I would love to tell you all that I have been teaching for years, have PhDs coming out of my ears, and I am the fountain of all teaching knowledge, however, I can’t. This will have to do for now.

Ok, so I am going to try and upload some pictures. I will see if I have any vegetables to add to Alex’s pumpkin…

1 comment:

Alex said...

We've lost the elephant for now ... nice introduction though.